1.24.2010

Our "Summery" Christmas



We got to spend Christmas this year in Florida and as a result, I got some very "summery" Christmas photographs...odd subjects for such a traditionally wintry holiday. I, nonetheless, couldn't help but treasure the warmth and flourishing life. I was drawn to the trees more than anything (surprise, surprise). There is something mysterious about the trees in Florida. The Spanish moss draping so many of their ancient limbs creates such an austere, somber mood. Yet, as I dwelt in their midst, I felt compelled to regard them with reverence...like I would a wise historical figure or grandparent. Magnificent creations. Here are some of my favorite photos.




In addition, there were so many other great trees and all kinds of little beauties peaking out from every corner.



 


 

 





1 comment:

  1. Your photos are great Cass!!! I love that I'm a stalker who found your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete

"Beauty brings copies of itself into being. It makes us draw it, take photographs of it, or describe it to other people." ~Elaine Scarry

Photography & Artwork © Cassie Tedder. Please be conisderate by not stealing or copying with out permission. Thanks!